The Client Company
Made Safe Scaffolding is a full-service scaffolding company providing scaffold hire, erection and dismantle services by a team of highly skilled and qualified professionals throughout the Sydney, Australia. They work with volume builders, commercial builders, roofing companies, insurance companies and owner builders. We accomplished Asbestos Removal Mobile App Form for this client.
Made Safe Scaffolding
What Were the Challenges?
The problem was that the subcontractors had to fill some forms and report their daily activities.
The main issue was that they had to deal with paper forms. These forms included Handover certificate, Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS), vehicle Maintenance Checklist, Risk Assessment and Day Labour. They had to fill all these forms, sign and send them to our client office. Afterwards, the office admin would scan the forms and save it to the related folder created for each client. Imagine such manual paperwork done for hundreds of papers on daily, weekly, monthly, and sometimes project basis.
They asked 365 Digital Consulting to convert the paper forms into e-forms knowing the fact that they had already Office 365 implemented so that the subcontractors could sign the papers by themselves and submit them and then system populates those 5 templates and generates their signed versions automatically.
Our Multi-functional and Innovative Solution
We designed the templates of all forms they were filling using PowerApps as mobile app.
Then we granted subcontractors access to these electronic forms so that they could fill them. Once completed and submit button clicked, a record of the data would be saved in SharePoint list and a workflow would be run using Power Automate. Therefore, our solution was a combination of PowerApps, SharePoint Online and Power Automate called Power Platform.
All data saved in SharePoint by subcontractors would be converted into pdf format. It should be noted that we gave them the ability to take signatures straight onto their mobile device; their signature on the forms were captured within the PowerApps and printed on the result pdfs. We designed a SharePoint site that would act as a database, thus based on what was the project or who their client was, each pdf was named in a special searchable format after the project subject, the client’s name, and so on. The pdf file was generated by that special name format, then we could allocate its related metadata located in SharePoint and placed it in the related document library in the SharePoint site. The site admin would be notified afterwards. As a result, Asbestos Removal Certificate as one of those templates was automatically issued too.
What Were the Final Results?
- A large amount of paperwork was omitted from the workflow.
- Previously, the subcontractors had to commute to the office to deliver the signed paper forms. However, after this implementation, these commuting to and from the office was also eliminated.
- Vehicle Maintenance Checklists are now ticked and submitted instantly.
- The human error due to incorrect scanning by the admin was eliminated.
- Day Labour forms are now easily signed and submitted on the phone.
- The findability of the documents is much easier now.
- Risk Assessment forms are instantly completed and submitted on the phone.
- All paper SWMS forms are now replaced by electronic forms.
- Automatic pdf generation based on Handover Certificate templates were also done.
- As the result, Asbestos Removal Mobile App Form was accomplished for this client.