The Client Company
Bogdan Law Office Ltd is a law firm located in Birmingham, England and has clients (families and companies) from all over the world that help them to obtain a positive UK immigration result. Moreover, this company is regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). The OISC regulates UK immigration advisers, ensuring they are competent to act in the best interest of clients. Therefore, they are permitted to provide professional UK immigration advice and services.
To enhance the information tracking quality regarding to each of their cases, the Bogdan Law Office uses an online CRM called Zoho. In addition, they use SharePoint Online for comprehensive data storage, document management and sharing. However, we at 365 Digital Consulting, assisted them by implementing Zoho CRM and SharePoint Integration.
Bogdan Law Office Ltd
Zoho CRM, Power Automate (Flow), SharePoint Online
What Were the Challenges?
Using Microsoft SharePoint as a tool for gathering information from various sources like documents, tasks, appointments, and emails in one place is absolutely a clever choice for businesses with complicated document management processes like the Bogdan Law Office.
The client also uses Zoho CRM for improving the customer relationship and acquiring more potential customers. However, the two systems were separated and any updates and linking of necessary sections between these two platforms were done manually. For instance, they had to pull the document ID of each of their cases from SharePoint and update it back with its referral link in Zoho CRM. On the other hand, they have to manually double entry all metadata from CRM to their SharePoint.
What Solutions Did We Provide for Bogdan Law Office?
The solution 365 Digital Consulting offered to Bogdan was the integrating of Microsoft SharePoint and Zoho CRM based on utilizing them by Power Automate.
This solution works this way: when a case is registered in Zoho CRM, its related metadata information (like the name, case ID, etc.) would be made and saved in a document set in SharePoint. Therefore, by having this integration we registered all the cases from CRM into SharePoint. However, this is not the only outcome of this integration: Prior to this, they used to copy the referral link of each case from Zoho CRM to SharePoint manually, which we updated that link in SharePoint and vice versa; in SharePoint, each single document set has a URL, we updated that URL into Zoho CRM too. By doing this, when a lawyer is working on a case in Zoho CRM and wants to check its related documents, by just clicking on the link all the documents in SharePoint would be opened and conversely; when in SharePoint ecosystem, a lawyer can see all the metadata of each case in SharePoint without any need to switch to Zoho CRM. In case he/she wants to see the CRM, by clicking on the referral link it would be a very easy task.
Consequently, the metadata could be set, updated and stored in SharePoint online document set automatically and the workflow process completely eliminated the manual efforts for updating and tracking of the information.
What Were the Final Results?
- By implementing the project, the client was able to save their staff valuable time on multiple times data entry into two systems.
- Since our solution improved their document management system and practice, it made their internal process smoother and kept data integrity between the two systems. As a result, the process does not depend on human anymore, rather an automated process would sync information between the two systems.
- By closing a case in CRM, all the documents in SharePoint document set were moved to archive document library without any effort.
- Users were able to interchangeably access data in both systems using the hyperlink provided. From CRM, users could easily access all the documents for a case and vice versa while they are in SharePoint and editing a document, they can easily access the customers’ records in CRM. So, switching between the two systems became effortless.
- Customer service management was efficiently enhanced.
- Highest Security, best performance, easy to maintain.